Grade Level Content Standards
Standard 1. Physical Science
1. Mixtures of substances can be separated based on their properties such as solubility, boiling points, magnetic properties, and densities.
Standard 2. Life Science
1. Individual organisms with certain traits are more likely than others to survive and have offspring in a specific environment.
2. The human body is composed of atoms, molecules, cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems that have specific functions and interactions.
3. Cells are the smallest unit of life that can function independently and perform all the necessary functions of life.
4. Photosynthesis and cellular respiration are important processes by which energy is acquired and utilized by organisms.
5. Multiple lines of evidence show the evolution of organisms over geologic time.
Standard 3. Earth Systems Science
1. Major geologic events such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, mid-ocean ridges, and mountain formation are associated with plate boundaries and
attributed to plate motions.
2. Geologic time, history, and changing life forms are indicated by fossils and successive sedimentation, folding, faulting, and uplifting of layers of sedimentary rock.